Friday 19 December 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicole Questiaux and Jan Bone.
The Royal Family of Broadway, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1930 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Nicole Questiaux: Nantes Politician.
- Jan Bone: American freelance writer who sold over 400 articles to the National Enquirer alone, plus many more to other magazines and papers.
- Wally Olins: English businessman and academic (d. 2014).
- James Weldon Johnson resigns as executive secretary of NAACP.
- Mount Merapi volcano in central Java, Indonesia, erupts, destroying numerous villages and killing thirteen hundred people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You're Driving Me Crazy! (What Did I Do?) - Rudy Vallee & His Connecticut Yankees
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?