Friday 19 December 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 19, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicole Questiaux and Jan Bone.
Paid, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1930 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Nicole Questiaux: Nantes Politician.
- Jan Bone: American freelance writer who sold over 400 articles to the National Enquirer alone, plus many more to other magazines and papers.
- Wally Olins: English businessman and academic (d. 2014).
- James Weldon Johnson resigns as executive secretary of NAACP.
- Mount Merapi volcano in central Java, Indonesia, erupts, destroying numerous villages and killing thirteen hundred people.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Something to Remember You By - Libby Holman
- You're Driving me Crazy - Nick Lucas
- The Waltz You Saved for Me - Wayne King & His Orchestra