Saturday 19 December 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 19, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Patrick Manchette and Rufus (actor).
Commandos Strike at Dawn, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 December 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1942 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jean-Patrick Manchette: French writer, a literary and movie critic and co-screenwriter for the following films, "Une Femme aux Abois," 1967 and "Le Crime," 1983.
- Rufus (actor)
- Syd Little: British TV series comedian who played in partnership with Eddie Large.
- Milan Milutinovic
- Dennis Fitch: American pilot (d. 2012).
- Cornell Dupree: American guitarist (d. 2011).
- Rufus : Italian-French actor, also known as Zio Vittorio.
- Jean-Patric Manchette: Thriller writer.