Sunday 19 January 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 19, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paula Deen and Yves Lenoble.
Odd Man Out, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 January 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1947 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Paula Deen: Chef.
- Yves Lenoble: French astrologer, he was used to organizing meetings at "Le Palais des Congrès" in Paris (every year in March).
- Madeleine Galais: Portugese comedienne.
- Alessandro Haber: Italian stage and TV actor.
- Ann Compton: news reporter (ABC TV).
- Rod Evans: English singer-songwriter (Deep Purple and Captain Beyond).
- Elena Nathanael: Greek film actress (Born 1941).
- Frank Aarebrot: Norwegian political scientist and academic.
- Dinah Daniels: American businesswoman, CEO of Praendex, Inc.
- SS Himera runs aground at Athens, kills 392
- A shipwreck near Athens, Greece kills 392.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Managua, Nicaragua - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
- Sonata - Jo Stafford