Tuesday January 19, 1971
US date format: 1/19/1971, UK date format: 19/1/1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 19, 1971). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Juden and Rachel Luttrell.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
10 Rillington Place, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Don'T Fall Off The Mountain by Shirley MacLaine was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zollfahndung.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 19, 1971?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- See more
- No, No Nanette opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 861 performances
- 24th NHL All-Star Game: West beat East 2-1 at Boston.
- Representatives of 23 western oil companies begin negotiations with OPEC in Tehran to stabilize oil prices. February 14 they sign a treaty with 6 Khalij el-Arab countries.
- Harry Shields: American musician (Born 1899).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 19, 1971?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - If I Were Your Woman
- King Floyd - Groove Me
- Rufus Thomas - (Do The) Push And Pull Part I
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Joe Simon - Your Time To Cry
- Edwin Starr - Stop The War Now
- The Supremes & Four Tops - River Deep - Mountain High
- James Brown - Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved (Pt. 1)
- Curtis Mayfield - (Don't Worry) If There's A Hell Below We're All Going To Go
- Jackie Wilson - (I Can Feel Those Vibrations) This Love Is Real
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 19If January 19, 1971 is your birthday you're 49 years, 8 months, 5 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 26 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?