Sunday 17 January 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tyler Houston and Derek Plante in Cloquet.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Child From The Sea by Elizabeth Goudge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dave Allen at Large.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Computer Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1971 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Tyler Houston: US baseball catcher (Atlanta Braves).
- Derek Plante in Cloquet: Minnesota, USA; NHL center (Buffalo Sabres).
- Peter Winter: Australian decathlete (Olympics-1996).
- Youki Kudoh: Japanese actress.
- Ann Wolfe: female boxer.
- Sylvie Testud: French actress, writer and director, also an amateur painter.
- Leslie Benzies: TV Producer
- Kid Rock: American singer
- Lil Jon: Rapper
- Giorgos Balogiannis: Greek basketball player
- Richard Burns: English race car driver (d. 2005)
- Paolo Vaccari: Italian rugby player and manager
- Super Bowl V: Baltimore Colts-16, Dallas Cowboys-13 in Miami, Florida; Most Valuable Player: Chuck Howley, Dallas, Linebacker.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Bee Gees - Lonely Days
- King Floyd - Groove Me
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Barbra Streisand - Stoney End
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 January 1971
- Dallas Cowboys - Baltimore Colts : 13 - 16
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?