Sunday 3 January 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cory Cross in Lloydminster and Ku'ualoha Taylor.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Sometimes a Great Notion, directed by Paul Newman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while A White House Diary by Lady Bird Johnson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Masterpiece Classic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1971 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Cory Cross in Lloydminster: Alberta, Canada; NHL defenseman (Tampa Bay Lightning).
- Ku'ualoha Taylor: in Hawaii; Miss Hawaii-USA (Miss Congeniality-1996).
- Rene van: Rijswijk; Dutch soccer player (RKC).
- Sarah Alexander: English actress.
- Stéphane Israël: French senior official, the Judge of the Court of Auditors, who worked in the aviation industry within Astrium, an EADS subsidiary, before becoming chief of staff of Arnaud Montebourg.
- Cory Cross: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Baltimore Colts beat Oakland Raiders 27-17 in AFC championship game.
- BBC Open University begins in the United Kingdom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Van Morrison - Domino
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 3 January 1971
- Dallas Cowboys - San Francisco 49ers : 17 - 10
- Oakland Raiders - Baltimore Colts : 17 - 27
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?