Friday January 29, 1971
US date format: 1/29/1971, UK date format: 29/1/1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 29, 1971). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Matthias Pintscher and Clare Balding.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK My Sweet Lord by George Harrison was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Greening Of America by Charles Reich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zollfahndung.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 29, 1971?
- Test debut of Dennis Keith Lillee, versus England at Adelaide.
- Matthias Pintscher
- Clare Balding: TV Show Host.
- Jamal Fountaine NFL defensive end (San Francisco 49ers: Atlanta Falcons).
- Chris Vargas: Canadian Football League quarterback...
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 29, 1971?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- King Floyd - Groove Me
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - If I Were Your Woman
- Rufus Thomas - (Do The) Push And Pull Part I
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Joe Simon - Your Time To Cry
- Edwin Starr - Stop The War Now
- James Brown - Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved (Pt. 1)
- Johnnie Taylor - Jody's Got Your Girl And Gone
- Wilson Pickett - Don't Let The Green Grass Fool You
- Jackie Wilson - (I Can Feel Those Vibrations) This Love Is Real
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 29If January 29, 1971 is your birthday you're 49 years, 7 months, 27 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 4 months, 4 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?