Wednesday 20 January 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Barlow and Questlove .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dave Allen at Large.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 20 January 1971 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Gary Barlow: British singer, songwriter, bandleader and producer and five-time winner of the prestigious Ivor Novello prize.
- Questlove : Drummer.
- Cathy Marsal: French Cyclist, winner of the Junior world championship on-road, 1987, Double Junior world championship [road and pursuit] 1988.
- Wakanohana III (sumo)
- Brian Giles: American baseball player.
- Gerard McDonnell: Irish mountaineer (d. 2008).
- Wakanohana : Japanese sumo wrestler, the older of two brothers who both became champions.
- Derrick Green: American singer-songwriter (Sepultura).
- Wakanohana Masaru: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 66th Yokozuna.
- Ger McDonnell: Irish mountaineer and engineer (d. 2008).
- Andrei Skabelka: NHL forward (Belarus, Olympics - 1998).
- Karin Smith: Miss Minnesota USA (1996).
- Johnny Mitchell: NFL tight end (New York Jets).
- Ahmir ''Questlove'' Thompson: American drummer (The Roots).
- Ard Schenk skates world record 1000m (1:18.8).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?