Wednesday 20 January 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 20, 1971). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Barlow and Questlove .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
10 Rillington Place, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Don'T Fall Off The Mountain by Shirley MacLaine was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zollfahndung.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 January 1971
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1971 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Gary Barlow: British singer, songwriter, bandleader and producer and five-time winner of the prestigious Ivor Novello prize.
- Questlove : Drummer.
- Cathy Marsal: French Cyclist, winner of the Junior world championship on-road, 1987, Double Junior world championship [road and pursuit] 1988.
- Wakanohana III (sumo)
- Brian Giles: American baseball player.
- Gerard McDonnell: Irish mountaineer (d. 2008).
- Wakanohana : Japanese sumo wrestler, the older of two brothers who both became champions.
- Questlov Questlove: Musician.
- Wakanohana Masaru: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 66th Yokozuna.
- Ger McDonnell: Irish mountaineer and engineer (d. 2008).
- Derrick Green: American singer-songwriter (Sepultura).
- Andrei Skabelka: NHL forward (Belarus, Olympics - 1998).
- Karin Smith: Miss Minnesota USA (1996).
- Johnny Mitchell: NFL tight end (New York Jets).
- Ahmir ''Questlove'' Thompson: American drummer (The Roots).
- Ard Schenk skates world record 1000m (1:18.8).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - If I Were Your Woman
- King Floyd - Groove Me
- (Do The) Push And Pull Part I - Rufus Thomas
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Joe Simon - Your Time To Cry
- Edwin Starr - Stop The War Now
- River Deep - Mountain High - The Supremes & Four Tops
- Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved (Pt. 1) - James Brown
- Curtis Mayfield - (Don't Worry) If There's A Hell Below We're All Going To Go
- Jackie Wilson - (I Can Feel Those Vibrations) This Love Is Real
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?