Thursday 19 August 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Burning Bright, directed by Carlos Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Offspring.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing And Yet It Moves or Battle of the Immortals.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 19 August 2010 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 August
- The US Mint releases the James Buchanan Presidential Dollar to circulation.
- Operation Iraqi Freedom ends, with the last of the United States brigade combat teams crossing the border to Kuwait.
- South Africa deploys its army to deal with public sector workers striking in a bid to earn an increased wage police shoot rubber bullets and water cannon into crowds outside a hospital in Soweto. At least five people have been killed so far during the strikes. (Reuters Africa)
- Human rights groups express dismay at Kenya for the secret sending to Uganda of four suspects after the 2010 FIFA World Cup attacks in Kampala. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents are also said to have engaged in illegal interrogation of three of them. (''The Star'')
- Seven people are killed and fourteen injured in a bomb attack in China's Xinjiang province. Although the region has recently been embroiled in violence including Muslim separatists and majority Han Chinese, the attack is being investigated as a criminal case. (Al Jazeera)
- The last United States brigade combat team leaves Iraq: there are still 56,000 members of the United States armed forces in the country. (CNN)
- Winston Churchill's butterfly house is rebuilt. (''The Independent'')
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's house Undershaw, in which he wrote numerous Sherlock Holmes stories, is slated to be converted into apartments. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- The Scots Makar (national poet) Edwin Morgan, a leading twentieth century poet, dies. (AFP via Google News)
- Female train carriages are launched in Jakarta as part of a crackdown on public sexual harassment. (''Bangkok Post'')
- The Oxford Dictionary of English adds new words and phrases to the language including vuvuzela, carbon capture and storage, toxic debt and quantitative easing. (ABC News Online)
- Two groups in Israel begin pro-Zionist courses in editing Wikipedia. (''The Guardian'')
- Sail Amsterdam begins in Amsterdam with the Sail-In Parade.
- Foxconn states its intention to hire more workers following a rash of suicides among its workforce. (BBC)
- BP is accused by Transocean of trying to keep secret data required to investigate the ''Deepwater Horizon'' oil spill. (AFP via France24)
- The United Nations estimates that four million people have become homeless as a result of the 2010 Pakistan floods Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon, speaking in New York, states that the floods are a ampquotslow-motion tsunamiampquot as he calls for more funds to assist those affected. (BBC)
- Forty people are injured after a bull leaps into a crowd in Tafalla, Spain the bull is killed. (''The Independent'')
- Two passenger train carriages are swept into a river by floods in Sichuan, China. (Reuters)
- The United Nations issues a report stating that Israel restricts with live ammunition access to land used for farming and fishing by Palestinians, causing a loss of livelihood for tens of thousands of Palestinians. (United Nations Report)
- France's government begins to deport thousands of Roma people, who are mainly from Romania and Bulgaria Romania fears this will lead to xenophobic tensions. (Xinhua)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Find Your Love - Drake
- B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast) - Rick Ross Featuring Styles P
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Stand By Me - Prince Royce
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- El Malo - Aventura
Top #10 Rock songs
- Linkin Park - The Catalyst
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch
- Neon Trees - Animal
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Bank of America Merrill Lynch will pay $2.5 million in restitution and fines after it failed to provide discounts to customers on a type of securities sale, the brokerage industry’s primary regulator said Wednesday. [..]
The long-anticipated service, called Places, lets users “check in” and notify friends, and could help the company tap into small-business advertising. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $33.63
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $75.45
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $69.62
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.62
- 1 CHF = 6.576 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5285 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9923 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.054 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?