Thursday 8 July 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Kubler-Ross and John D Dingell.
The Son of the Sheik, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1926 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Elizabeth Kubler-Ross: Author / Physician / educator.
- John D Dingell: (Rep-D-Michigan, 1955- ).
- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross: Swiss-born psychiatrist (d. 2004).
- Elisabeth Kübler-Ross: Swiss psychiatrist and author who is noted for her work with death and the dying.
- George Weyerhaeuser: American timber executive, corporate executive, involved with standard oil, real estate, wood products & other corporations, married once, 6 children.
- David Armstrong: Australian philosopher and author (d. 2014)
- John Dingell: American lieutenant and politician
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Jean Goldkette & His Orchestra - Sorry and Blue
- I've Found a New Baby - Ted Lewis & His Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?