Tuesday September 19, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 19, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chloé Mortaud and Tristan Clémençon.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Girl I'm Gonna Miss You by Milli Vanilli.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Welcome Home, directed by Franklin J. Schaffner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All by Allan Gurganus was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blackadder Goes Forth.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Gold or The Duel: Test Drive II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 September 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1989!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1989 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Chloé Mortaud: French actress and beauty pageant titleholder who won Miss France 2009.
- Tristan Clémençon
- Tyreke Evans: Basketball Player.
- John Green: TV Actor.
- Lorenza Izzo: American-Chilean actress.
- Guido de Moor: Actor (Flanagan, Because of the Cats).
- French DC-10 crashes near Niger, 171 die
- Chase Manhattan Discovery Center at Brooklyn Botanic Garden opens.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 September 1989
- Denver Broncos - Buffalo Bills : 28 - 14
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Can't Get Over You
- Eddie Murphy - Put Your Mouth On Me
- Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler)
- Sybil - Don't Make Me Over
- E.U. - Taste Of Your Love
- After 7 - Heat Of The Moment
- Eric Gable - Remember (The First Time)
- Sharon Bryant - Let Go
- I Do - Natalie Cole (Duet With Freddie Jackson)
- D'atra Hicks - Sweet Talk
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Fria como el viento - Luis Miguel
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- Lucerito - Cuentame
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- Por Ti - Yolandita Monge
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?