Thursday 20 July 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Judy Chicago and Judy Chicago [Cohen].
Beau Geste, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1939 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Judy Chicago: American painter and sculptor.
- Judy Chicago [Cohen]: Chicago, Illinois -- Artist (Dinner Party).
- Frank Budd: American track & field champion, and professional football player.
- Wes Magee: Scottish-born poet and children's author.
- Joseph Mendes da Costa: Dutch symbolist sculptor and art teacher.