Tuesday 20 June 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hips Don't Lie by Shakira.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil Wears Prada, directed by David Frankel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Blue Smoke by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Drop Dead Gorgeous.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brave Story: New Traveler or Brothers in Arms: D-Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 June 2006
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 20 June 2006 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 June
- Billy Johnson: American baseball player (Born 1918).
- The Miami Heat win the NBA Finals over the Dallas Mavericks, 4-2.
- The US Mint introduces the American Buffalo 0.9999 fine gold $50 coin.
- ''The Washington Post'', under the Freedom of Information Act, obtains the transcript of an investigative interview with Donald Rumsfeld. The U.S. Secretary of Defense cited poor memory, loose office procedures, and preoccupation with ampquotthe warsampquot as the reasons he did not know how his department nearly squandered $30 billion leasing several hundred tanker aircraft from Boeing. (Washington Post)
- Iraqi officials have unconfirmed reports that they have found the bodies of the two U.S. soldiers the American military began looking for at the beginning of this week. The bodies of PFC Kristian Menchaca of Houston, Texas, and PFC Thomas Lowell Tucker of Madras, Oregon showed several signs of torture. (CNN)
- Jack Abramoff scandals: David Safavian, former George W. Bush White House official, is convicted of four felony counts of lying and obstruction of justice related to his dealings with lobbyist Jack Abramoff. (CNN)
- Charles Taylor, former President of Liberia, leaves Sierra Leone for his human rights trial at The Hague. (Reuters)
- Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi announces plans to withdraw his country's troops from Iraq. The 600 soldiers had been deployed to Iraq in 2004 to aid in reconstruction and sparked controversy in Japan, as it was the most ambitious overseas deployment by Japan since World War II. (Reuters)
- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and Palestinean President Mahmoud Abbas will attend a common meeting later this week. (MSNBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Yung Joc - It's Goin' Down
- LeToya - Torn
- Enough Cryin - Mary J. Blige Featuring Brook-Lyn
- Snap Yo Fingers - Lil Jon Featuring E-40 & Sean Paul Of The YoungBloodZ
- So What - Field Mob Featuring Ciara
- DJ Play A Love Song - Jamie Foxx Featuring Twista
- Ridin' - Chamillionaire Featuring Krayzie Bone
- Ne-Yo - When You're Mad
- T.I. - Why You Wanna
- Gimme That - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- Hips Don't Lie - Shakira Featuring Wyclef Jean
- Down - RKM & Ken-Y
- Caile - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Angelito - Don Omar
- Machucando - Daddy Yankee
- Mariano Barba - Aliado Del Tiempo
- Aventura - Un Beso
- Volverte A Amar - Alejandra Guzman
- Nuestro Amor Se Ha Vuelto Ayer - Victor Manuelle Featuring Yuridia
- Lo Que Son Las Cosas - Anais
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?