Wednesday 28 June 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include August Hermann .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Do I Make You Proud by Taylor Hicks.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
Oborona Sevastopolya, directed by Vasili Goncharov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lab.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armadillo Run or Charlotte's Web.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 28 June 2006 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- August Hermann: American noted family, the first child of actress Mariska Hargitay and Peter Hermann.
- Up to 200,000 people in the Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania area of the northeast United States are ordered to evacuate their homes due to the rising level of the Susquehanna River. 46 of 67 of Pennsylvania's counties are under a state of emergency. Extensive flooding is also occurring in surrounding states, including New York, where Governor George Pataki states ampquotThis is the worst flooding by far I’ve seen in my 12 years as governor.ampquot Governor Jon Corzine declares his entire state under
- An angry mob in Dili, East Timor, attacks a refugee camp as the 2006 East Timor crisis continues. (''Melbourne Age'')
- Israel launches an offensive into the southern Gaza Strip, following aerial strikes on bridges and electric power installations. Meanwhile, four Israeli war planes fly over the palace of Syria's president Bashar Assad in Latakia, reportedly while he was at the palace. (Reuters)
- After numerous attempts to revive the film franchise over the past nineteen years, Superman is the central character in a new film from director Bryan Singer entitled ''Superman Returns''.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 June 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?