Sunday June 11, 2006
US date format: 6/11/2006, UK date format: 11/6/2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see zodiac on June 11, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ridin' by Chamillionaire.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
Monster House, directed by Gil Kenan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while I Say A Little Prayer by E. Lynn Harris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Drop Dead Gorgeous.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs or Cake Mania.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 11, 2006?
- Iraqi eye-witnesses claim Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was briefly interrogated and kicked in the chest by the U.S. military before his subsequent death. (The Sunday Times)
- The first named storm of the 2006 Atlantic hurricane season forms, Tropical Storm Alberto (2006), from Tropical Depression One. (CNN) (NHC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 11, 2006?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Shakira Featuring Wyclef Jean - Hips Don't Lie
- Tito "El Bambino" El Patron - Caile
- Don Omar - Angelito
- RKM & Ken-Y - Down
- Daddy Yankee - Machucando
Sport Games on June 11, 2006
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Albacete - Ciudad de Murcia : 2 - 2
- Almeria - Lleida : 3 - 1
- Gimnastic - Hercules : 1 - 1
- Levante - Lorca : 0 - 0
- Poli Ejido - Eibar : 0 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Extreme Commutes Grow Longer in Air Industry Airline workers often commute to faraway cities, but with planes full they are finding it harder to get home. [..]
- Pollution From Chinese Coal Casts a Global Shadow Coal is China's double-edged sword — the new economy's black gold and the fragile environment's dark cloud. [..]
- See all financial news of June 11th, 2006
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 11, 2006?
On June 11, 2006 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is June 11, 2006?
On June 11, 2006 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on June 11, 2006?
On June 11, 2006 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 11, 2006?
On June 11, 2006 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on June 11, 2006?
On June 11, 2006 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on June 11, 2006?
Famous people died on June 11, 2006 include, Bruce Shand, Michael Bartosh, Neroli Fairhall.
What was the number one song in June 11, 2006?
The number one song in the week of June 11, 2006 was Ridin' by Chamillionaire in US and I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom in UK.
What were the top hits on June 11, 2006?
The top hits on June 11, 2006 were Ridin' by Chamillionaire, Bad Day by Daniel Powter, Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado in US and I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom, Maneater by Nelly Furtado, From Paris To Berlin by Infernal in UK.