Saturday 17 June 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hips Don't Lie by Shakira.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, directed by Gore Verbinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Don'T Make A Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings by Tyler Perry was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Three Sheets.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anno 1701 or Civilization IV: Warlords.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 17 June 2006 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 June
- Arthur Franz: American actor (Born 1920).
- Violence intensifies in Sri Lanka as government troops allegedly attack Tamils in a church in response to an attack on the navy by the Tamil Tigers. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 June 2006
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Castellon - Almeria : 2 - 0
- Ciudad de Murcia - Gimnastic : 2 - 0
- Eibar - Ferrol : 1 - 1
- Lleida - Levante : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?