Thursday 29 June 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Do I Make You Proud by Taylor Hicks.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
Oborona Sevastopolya, directed by Vasili Goncharov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Saboteurs by W.E.B. Griffin and William E. Butterworth IV was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lab.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Deal or No Deal or Battleship/Connect Four/Sorry!/Trouble.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 2006!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 29 June 2006 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 June
- Hamdan v. Rumsfeld: The U.S. Supreme Court rules that President George W. Bush's plan to try Guantanamo Bay detainees in military tribunals violates U.S. and international law.
- A new audio tape, allegedly from Osama Bin Laden, is released praising Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. (Associated Press)
- Internet Explorer Version 7 Beta 3 is released for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003
- The United States House of Representatives votes to end a 25-year ban on off-shore drilling. (MSNBC)
- Former Governor of the U.S. state of Alabama Don Siegelman is convicted of bribery and conspiracy. (WTVM)
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes up over 215 points as a result of the United States Federal Reserve saying that it would consider the overall economy, and direction of inflation, in setting the interest rate. The Federal Reserve raised interest rates for the 17th consecutive time to 5.25% due to ongoing concerns about inflation. (International Herald Tribune)
- A suicide bomber attacks the funeral of a Shiite soldier in Kirkuk, Iraq, killing four and wounding 27. (USA Today)
- British House of Commons by-elections for the constituencies of Blaenau Gwent and Bromley and Chislehurst are held to fill vacant parliamentary seats. (BBC)
- Operation Summer Rains:
- Kuwait holds a Parliamentary election, the country's first with universal suffrage. Opposition parties win a parliamentary majority but no women are elected. (Turkish Press)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?