Monday June 19, 2006
US date format: 6/19/2006, UK date format: 19/6/2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see zodiac on June 19, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hips Don't Lie by Shakira.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil Wears Prada, directed by David Frankel, was one of the most viewed movie released in 2006
while The Hard Way by Lee Child was one of the best selling book.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Corvette Evolution GT or Saints Row.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 19, 2006?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- A meteor show is observed in various places in Pennsylvania, USA.
- Prime ministers of several northern European nations participate in a ceremonial ''laying of the first stone'' at the Svalbard Global Seed Vault in Spitsbergen, Norway.
- Kathleen Blanco, the Governor of the U.S. state of Louisiana, calls in the Louisiana National Guard to patrol the streets of New Orleans following six deaths on the preceding weekend. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- The United States Army charges three soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division 3rd Brigade Combat Team with murder in relation to the deaths of three men in custody in Iraq. (''USA Today'')
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 19, 2006?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Shakira Featuring Wyclef Jean - Hips Don't Lie
- RKM & Ken-Y - Down
- Tito "El Bambino" El Patron - Caile
- Don Omar - Angelito
- Daddy Yankee - Machucando
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Addenda Agency Seeks Alliance. [..]
- In Heated Battle for AB Ports, Macquarie May Pony Up £2.7 Billion, Report Says A consortium led by Macquarie Bank of Australia is expected to offer nearly 2.7 billion pounds ($4.98 billion) for Associated British Ports in a move that would trump a 2.53 billion pound ($4.67 billion) bid from a Goldman Sachs consortium, The Times of London reported. [..]
- See all financial news of June 19th, 2006
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $58.77
- Apple AAPL: opens at $57.83
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $22.14
- General Electric GE: opens at $33.83
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $78.06
- 1 USD = 115.47 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.1205 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2401 CHF
- 1 USD = 8.0057 CNY
- 1 EUR = 145.2 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 19, 2006?
On June 19, 2006 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is June 19, 2006?
On June 19, 2006 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on June 19, 2006?
On June 19, 2006 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 19, 2006?
On June 19, 2006 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on June 19, 2006?
On June 19, 2006 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
What was the number one song in June 19, 2006?
The number one song in the week of June 19, 2006 was Hips Don't Lie by Shakira in US and I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom in UK.
What were the top hits on June 19, 2006?
The top hits on June 19, 2006 were Hips Don't Lie by Shakira, Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado, It's Goin' Down by Yung Joc in US and I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom, Maneater by Nelly Furtado, From Paris To Berlin by Infernal in UK.