Monday 5 June 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ridin' by Chamillionaire.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, directed by Justin Lin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Digging To America by Anne Tyler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Singing Estate.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Axys Adventures: Truth Seeker or City Life.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 5 June 2006 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 June
- Frederick Franck: American artist and writer (Born 1909).
- Serbia declares independence from the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro.
- Javier Solana, foreign policy chief of the European Union, arrives in Tehran to talk with the Iranian Government about its plans to develop uranium enrichment facilities. (CNN)
- The Islamic Court Union announces that it has seized Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, after battles with the Alliance for the Restoration of Peace and Counterterrorism, a group of secular US-backed warlords. (AP)
- Alan García of the APRA is re-elected President of Peru after winning a runoff with the Union for Peru's Ollanta Humala on Sunday. (FoxNews.com)
- Australia calls for more South East Asian troops and police to help quell civil unrest in East Timor. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?