Sunday 20 March 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Detention, directed by Joseph Kahn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Tick Tock by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chandragupta Maurya.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Airport Simulator or Battle vs. Chess.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 2011!
Which were the important events of 20 March 2011 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 March
- Johnny Pearson: British Composer (Born 1925).
- Arab Spring
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani says Qatar will join the anti-Gaddafi forces, making it the first Arab country to commit military forces. (Bloomberg)
- The United Arab Emirates sends aircraft to Sardinia to join the anti-Gaddafi effort. (Reuters)
- Amr Moussa of the Arab League expresses concerns about Gaddafi retaliation after supporting the imposition of a no-fly zone. (''Christian Science Monitor'')
- A Libyan army spokesman says Libyan armed forces have been issued a command to observe an immediate ceasefire following air bombardment from American, French and British forces aiming to implement a UN resolution authorising the use of force to protect Libyan civilians from government troops. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Residents of Misrata claim that snipers loyal to Muammar Gaddafi are posted on rooftops in the town. (Reuters)
- The Opposition claim that more than 8,000 people have been killed. (Al-Jazeera)
- The Arab League speaks out against the military airstrikes on Libya as civilians are killed. (Press TV)
- NATO's top decision-making body approves a plan to implement a United Nations arms embargo but fail to agree on plans to enforce a no-fly zone over Libya. (AP via the ''Seattle Times'')
- A missile totally destroys an administrative building in Muammar Gaddafi's compound in Tripoli. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- Thousands of people demonstrate for a third consecutive day in Daraa, Syria, with crowds setting fire to the headquarters of the ruling Baath Party while one protester is killed by security forces. (BBC)
- The Syrian government announces its intention to release children it locked up for their pro-democracy actions. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Bahraini protests:
- Opposition groups in Bahrain call for prisoners to be released amid the country's two-month long pro-democracy demonstrations. (Al Jazeera)
- Iran and Bahrain expel diplomats following Iran's criticism of the crackdown on the protesters. (BBC)
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- The Yemeni human rights minister, Huda al-Baan, resigns in protest after a sniper attack on anti-government demonstrators. (AFP via Google News)
- The country's most powerful tribal confederation Hashed requests that Saleh resign. Hashed includes Saleh's own tribe. (Al Jazeera)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 March 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Bari - Chievo : 1 - 2
- Bologna - Genoa : 1 - 1
- Fiorentina - Roma : 2 - 2
- Inter - Lecce : 1 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Gent : 3 - 2
- Cercle Brugge - Genk : 0 - 1
- Lierse - Club Brugge : 0 - 0
- Mechelen - Eupen : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Leverkusen - Schalke 04 : 2 - 0
- Stuttgart - Wolfsburg : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Erzgebirge Aue - Greuther Furth : 0 - 0
- Paderborn - Frankfurt FSV : 2 - 2
- Union Berlin - Bielefeld : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?