Wednesday 20 October 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dunja Vejzovic and Noreen Corcoran.
Guadalcanal Diary, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Valley of Decision by Marcia Davenport was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1943 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Dunja Vejzovic: Croatian soprano.
- Noreen Corcoran: American actress orimarily known for her recurring role as the daughter of actor John Forsythe in "Bachelor Father," a television series that ran from 1957 to 1962.
- Paolo Mosca: Italian journalist and TV commentator.
- Dunja Vejzović: Croatian soprano and actress.
- The cargo vessel Sinfra is attacked by Allied aircraft at Suda Bay, Crete, and sunk. 2,098 Italian prisoners of war drown with it.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?