Thursday 20 October 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 20, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Puss in Boots, directed by Chris Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Rin Tin Tin by Susan Orlean was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Up.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland or Beatmania IIDX 19: Lincle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 October 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 20 October 2011 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 October
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Deposed Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi is killed in a crossfire between Gaddafi loyalists and rebel fighters in his hometown of Sirte, Libya. (BBC)
- In the wake of recent terrorist attacks in southern Turkey, up to 10,000 soldiers of the Turkish Army advance into northern Iraq, pursuing Kurdish separatist PKK militants. (BBC)
- Basque separatist terrorist organisation ETA declares an end to its 43-year campaign of political violence, which has killed over 800 people since 1968. (BBC)
- The government of Germany states that national GDP growth in 2012 will be significantly lower than initially predicted, due to the eurozone's ongoing economic crisis. (AFP)
- Japanese optical and imaging equipment company Olympus faces a possible credit downgrade and plunging share prices, due to a spreading scandal over the recent dismissal of its chief executive, Michael Woodford. (Reuters)
- The Prime Minister of Thailand, Yingluck Shinawatra, admits that it is impossible to protect all of the capital Bangkok from ongoing nationwide flooding, describing the floods as a ampquotnational crisisampquot. (AFP via Thai Visa)
- A man is killed and at least 74 people are injured in major riots in the Greek capital Athens on the second day of a nationwide general strike, as Greeks protest in their thousands against new austerity measures intended to alleviate the country's ongoing debt crisis. (ABC)
- Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange: The leading commander of the military wing of Hamas, Ahmed Jabari, confirms in an interview with the Saudi Arabian newspaper ''Al-Hayat'' that the prisoners released in exchange for captured Israeli Gilad Shalit were collectively responsible for the deaths of 569 Israeli civilians. (''Haaretz'')
- The Parliament of New Zealand is dissolved in preparation for a general election on November 26. (Radio New Zealand)
- Britain's three main political parties order their MPs to vote against a Parliamentary motion calling for a referendum on the UK's membership of the European Union, due to be debated on Monday. (BBC)
- Amid major riots and a general strike, the Hellenic Parliament approves a highly controversial package of austerity measures aimed at resolving Greece's ongoing debt crisis. The austerity measures include higher taxes and cuts to public sector wages. (BBC)
- The American Jobs Act fails to garner the necessary sixty votes in the United States Senate to proceed. (''Business Week'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Headlines - Drake
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Ni**as in Paris - Jay Z Kanye West
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
- Wet The Bed - Chris Brown Featuring Ludacris
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Quickie - Miguel
- Party - Beyonce Featuring Andre 3000
- Marvins Room - Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- El Amor - Ricardo Arjona
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- El Mil Amores - Pesado
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Tu Olor - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Not Again - Staind
- Tonight - Seether
- Up All Night - Blink-182
- Paradise - Coldplay
- Make It Stop (September's Children) - Rise Against
- Bottoms Up - Nickelback
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Simon & Schuster, Random House and the Hachette Book Group plan to allow authors to access book sales figures directly online, matching a service Amazon has provided to authors since 2010. [..]
Rising cost of gasoline helps push up the price index, but the pressure is expected to ease in the months ahead; Labor Dept reports it rose 0.3 percent in September compared with 0.4 percent rise in August. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $40.80
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $93.18
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $73.58
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $24.89
- 1 CHF = 7.1388 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.2874 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8793 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.533 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?