Monday 20 September 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Teenage Dream by Katy Perry.
It's Kind of a Funny Story, directed by Anna Boden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Elvira's Movie Macabre.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter or Just Dance 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 September 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 September
- The US Mint releases the 2010 Grand Canyon National Park quarter dollar to circulation.
- A U.S. missile strike kills six alleged militants in northwestern Pakistan in Shawa near Mir Ali in the North Waziristan tribal area. (AP)
- MPs meet Syed Ali Shah Geelani in Kashmir in a bid to resolve the crisis, the first visit there by an all-party Indian team in 2 decades. (BBC)
- France sends dozens of soldiers equipped with Breguet Atlantique and Mirage aircraft to Niamey, Niger, in its search for 7 kidnapped hostages. (BBC)
- GBC, the Somali radio station seized yesterday, is to now broadcast only Islamic messages. (BBC)
- Colombia claims its has killed a senior Farc rebel leader and 25 others. (Colombia Reports)
- The director of Glastonbury Abbey issues an apology after giving Hollywood actor Nicolas Cage access to the grave of King Arthur during a live TV broadcast. (''The Guardian'')
- More than 600 antiquities lost in mysterious circumstances due to ampquotinappropriate handover proceduresampquot after being repatriated by the United States in 2009 are found and returned to the National Museum of Iraq. (BBC)
- Jailed U.S. entertainer Lindsay Lohan has her probation revoked by Judge Elden Fox following a failed drug test. (CNN)
- 110 people are wounded as a stadium collapses during a car race in Paraná, Brazil. (BBC)
- At least 21 people are killed and dozens are injured after 2 trains collide in the Shivpuri district of India's Madhya Pradesh state. (Xinhua)
- Typhoon Fanapi arrives in China's Fujian province after causing widespread damage in Taiwan. (''Hindustan Times'')
- A Russian Air Force Sukhoi Su-27 aircraft crashes in the Russian Far East both pilots are rescued alive. (RIA Novosti)
- Admiral Thad Allen of the United States Coast Guard, the man responsible for leading the cleanup of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, declares that BP's Macondo well is sealed. (''Wall Street Journal'' via ''The Australian'')
- The 54th International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) General Conference opens in Vienna with attendance by 151 countries. (Xinhua)
- The United States and Australia issue travel warnings for India following the shooting of two Taiwanese tourists outside the Jama Masjid mosque in Delhi. (Reuters)
- World leaders arrive in New York City for a United Nations summit to discuss progress in implementing Millennium Development Goals. (CNN)
- A Syrian ship transporting food and medical aid to the Gaza Strip docks in El-Arish. (''Haaretz'')
- The father of one of those killed in the 1988 Pan Am Flight 103 bombing travels to Libya to meet Abdelbaset al-Megrahi he considers Megrahi to be innocent and calls for an inquiry. (BBC)
- Results in the Swedish general election show the centre-right Alliance government led by Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt winning a plurality, with the Sweden Democrats holding the balance of power. (Reuters Canada)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 September 2010
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- La Coruna - Getafe : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Reims - Nantes : 2 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Sassuolo - Vicenza : 2 - 1
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Nacional - Porto : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?