Friday 21 August 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Phillip Salvador and Dominique Senequier.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Roman Holiday, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while India And The Awakening East by Eleanor Roosevelt was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1953 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Phillip Salvador: Filipino actor.
- Dominique Senequier: French businesswoman.
- Ivan Stang: American author publisher and director.
- Sultan Sidi Mohammed Am Joessoef V of Morocco deposed
- Marion Carl in Douglas Skyrocket reaches record altitude 25,370m.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?