Monday 3 August 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Bairnson and Jean-Pierre Gorges.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Cruel Sea, directed by Charles Frend, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Golden Admiral by Francis Van Wyck Mason was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Quatermass Experiment.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1953!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 August 1953 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Ian Bairnson: Scottish musician, guitarist, bassist, percussionist, singer and songwriter whose diversity has enhanced a variety of acts.
- Jean-Pierre Gorges
- Osvaldo Ardiles: Argentine soccer player.
- Frank Blair becomes news anchor of Today Show
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?