Sunday 2 August 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donnie Munro and Butch Patrick.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
From Here to Eternity, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Quatermass Experiment.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1953 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Donnie Munro: Scottish rock musician and lead singer with Runrig, probably the only successful band to regularly sing in Gaelic.
- Butch Patrick: American actor.
- Marjo : Canadian singer-songwriter (Corbeau).
- Anthony Seldon: English historian and author.
- Betty Jack Davis, singer (w / Skeeter Davis), killed in car crash
- KCPQ TV channel 13 in Tacoma-Seattle, WA (IND) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?