Tuesday 25 August 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 25, 1953). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
City of Bad Men, directed by Harmon Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Schirmer Inheritance by Eric Ambler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Broken Horseshoe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1953 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 August
- The general strike ends in France.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frank Chacksfield & His Orchestra - Ebb Tide
- Dragnet - Ray Anthony
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?