Saturday 22 August 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Ellering .
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Half a Hero, directed by Don Weis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Uncle Pogo So-So Stories by Walt Kelly was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Broken Horseshoe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 August 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1953 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Paul Ellering: American weightlifter wrestler and manager.
- Jim Tabor: American baseball player (Born 1916).
- France closes jail on Devil Island
- John Norman Lewis contends players have no desire to form a union
- Shah of Persia returns to Teheran
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?