Saturday 22 August 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 22, 1953). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Ellering .
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Half a Hero, directed by Don Weis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Call Me Lucky by Bing Crosby was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Broken Horseshoe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 August 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1953 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Paul Ellering: American weightlifter wrestler and manager.
- Jim Tabor: American baseball player (Born 1916).
- France closes jail on Devil Island
- John Norman Lewis contends players have no desire to form a union
- Shah of Persia returns to Teheran
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?