Saturday 21 September 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 21, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ethan Coen and Kevin Rudd.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
The Bridge on the River Kwai, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Letter From Peking by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1957 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Ethan Coen: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Kevin Rudd: 26th Prime Minister of Australia.
- West Germany
- Sidney Moncrief: American basketball player and coach.
- Bill Leeb
- Penny Smith: English journalist and actress.
- Mark Levin: American attorney, radio talk show host and author.
- Lynette Love: US tai kwan do champ 1987 / (1988 Olympics).
- Perry Mason with Raymond Burr premieres on CBS-TV
- German sailing school ship Pamir sails Atlantic Ocean
- Olav V, becomes King of Norway
- Pote Sarasin forms government in Thailand
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Coasters - Searchin'
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?