Sunday 21 December 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Carrère and Willem R.
The Royal Family of Broadway, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1930 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Claude Carrère
- Willem R: "Wim" van der Zee; Secretary of Council of Churches.
- Kalevi Sorsa: Finnish politician who was Prime Minister of Finland four times.
- Barry Sullivan: American executive and CEO of First Chicago, financial banking institution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Wayne King & His Orchestra - The Waltz You Saved for Me
- Something to Remember You By - Libby Holman
- You're Driving me Crazy - Nick Lucas
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?