Sunday 21 December 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 21, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Carrère and Willem R.
Paid, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1930 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Claude Carrère
- Jerry Perenchio: Businessman.
- Willem R: "Wim" van der Zee; Secretary of Council of Churches.
- Kalevi Sorsa: Finnish politician who was Prime Minister of Finland four times.
- Barry Sullivan: American executive and CEO of First Chicago, financial banking institution.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Something to Remember You By - Libby Holman
- You're Driving me Crazy - Nick Lucas
- The Waltz You Saved for Me - Wayne King & His Orchestra