Saturday December 21, 1901
US date format: 12/21/1901, UK date format: 21/12/1901
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 21, 1901). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Roland Armontel and Juan A.
William Tell, directed by Jonathan Haswell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 21, 1901?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 21, 1901?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - I'll Be with You When the Roses Bloom Again
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - The Wedding of Reuben and the Maid
- Harry Macdonough - The Wedding of Reuben and the Maid