Saturday 21 December 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 21, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kurt Waldheim and Donald Regan.
Little Orphant Annie, directed by Colin Campbell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1918 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Kurt Waldheim: Austrian President 1986-1992, lawyer and diplomat, who served as the fourth Secretary General of the United Nations 1972-1981.
- Donald Regan: American stockbroker, the President of Merrill Lynch in 1968, worth over $10 million by 1979.
- Red Sox trade Dutch Leonard, Ernie Shore and Duffy Lewis to Yankees for Ray Caldwell and Slim Love, Frank Gilhooey, Al Walters and $15,000
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- While You're Away (Pack Up Your Cares in a Bundle of Joy) - Peerless Quartet
- Waltz of the Flowers - New York Philharmonic Orchestra
- Cathedral Chimes - Prince's Orchestra