Saturday 21 December 1940US date format: 12/21/1940, UK date format: 21/12/1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 21, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Zappa and Frank Zappa in Baltimore.
Kitty Foyle, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Frank Zappa: American musician, a guitarist, singer...
- Paul [Ray Hildebrand]: Texas, United States -- Singer (Hey...
- Frank Zappa in Baltimore: Maryland, USA;...
- Ray Hildebrand: American singer (Paul & Paula).
- Kelly Cherry: Kelly Cherry American poet and author.
- Arvi Lind: Finnish news broadcaster.
- F Scott Fitzgerald: Author (Zelda), dies of a heart attack...
- Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald, author (Great Gatsby, Zelda), dies of a heart attack in Hollywood, California at age 44.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Along the Santa Fe Trail - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- So You're the One - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- I Give You My Word - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- There I Go - Will Bradley & His Orchestra