Wednesday 21 January 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 21, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Coraline, directed by Henry Selick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Return Of Depression Economics And The Crisis Of 2008 by Paul Krugman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trust Me.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel or AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 January 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 21 January 2009 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 January
- Veatrice Rice: Security guard, television personality on Jimmy Kimmel Live (Born 1949).
- The U.S. Senate endorses former New York Senator and former first lady Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State.
- Toyota surpasses General Motors to become the world's largest automaker. (Reuters)
- BHP Billiton announces it will cut 6,000 jobs worldwide, including 3,300 in Australia. (ABC News Australia)
- United States President Barack Obama halts the trials of detainees at Guantánamo Bay Naval Base's detention camp. (Reuters)
- Despite a ceasefire in its conflict with Israel, Hamas fires eight mortar shells into the country. (Haaretz)
- The United Kingdom reports that 1.92 million Britons were unemployed in December 2008. (Sky News)
- China Central Television omits sensitive portions of U.S. President Obama's inaugural address. (MSNBC)
- President of Ireland Mary McAleese signs a bill confirming the nationalisation of Anglo Irish Bank. (RTÉ)
- The missing engine from US Airways Flight 1549 is found at the bottom of the Hudson River. (CNN)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 January 2009
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Murcia - Celta : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2009?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Live Your Life - T.I. Featuring Rihanna
- Chopped 'N' Skrewed - T-Pain Featuring Ludacris
- Ne-Yo - Miss Independent
- Trading Places - Usher
- Pop Champagne - Jim Jones & Ron Browz Featuring Juelz Santana
- Green Light - John Legend Featuring Andre 3000
- IfULeave - Musiq Soulchild Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Put It On Ya - Plies Featuring Chris J
- She Got Her Own - Ne-Yo Featuring Jamie Foxx & Fabolous
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - Y Que Quede Claro
- Marco Antonio Solis - No Molestar
- Inolvidable - Reik
- Dame Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
A Czech businessman wanted in the U.S. on charges of bribing government officials in Azerbaijan, settled a lawsuit filed against him by a hedge fund, Omega Advisors. [..]
Fiat said it would take a 35 percent stake in Chrysler, giving it the ability to market its cars through Chrysler’s dealership network. Chrysler will have access to Fiat’s technology. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $47.95
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $38.40
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $49.59
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $34.18
- 1 CHF = 5.9348 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.4446 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9162 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.536 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?