Saturday 21 January 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 21, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Geena Davis and Adeline Hazan.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Helen of Troy, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Power Of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 January 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1956 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Geena Davis: American actress; six-foot tall winner of an Oscar for her role in "Accidental Tourist," 1989 and an Oscar nominee for her role in "Thelma and Louise," 1991.
- Adeline Hazan
- Bob Brill: NYC, New York -- Drummer (Berlin-You Take My Breath Away).
- Bob Brill in New York City: New York, USA; drummer (Berlin - "Take My Breath Away").
- Frédérique Cambreling: French harpist, a solo and concert performer and Principal Harpist of the renowned Ensemble Intercontemporain (since 1993).
- Robby Benson: American actor singer and director.
- Sam Langford: Canadian-American boxer (d. 1956).
- Comedy in Music (Victor Borge) closes at Golden NYC after 849 performances
- William Shawn succeeds Harold Ross as editor of New Yorker
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?