Tuesday 21 May 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 21, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Judge Reinhold and Linda Bouchard.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
A Face in the Crowd, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 May 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1957 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Judge Reinhold
- Linda Bouchard
- Tony Hayward
- Renee Soutendijk: Dutch actress.
- Daniel Elias: American contemporary art dealer and host of PBS’s popular "Antiques Road Show" since January 2001, Elias is married to Karen Keane, CEO of Skinner, Inc.
- Reinhold : American comedy film actor best known for his roles as Eddie Murphy's dim-witted sidekick in "Beverly Hills Cop" and a bumbling kidnapper in "Ruthless People," with Danny DeVito and Bette Midler.
- James Bailey: American basketball player.
- Yoshihiko Noda: Statesman.
- Johann Carlo: American actress.
- Nadine Dorries: British Conservative politician.
- Renée Soutendijk: Dutch actress.
- Bruce Buffer: American Mixed Martial Arts announcer.
- Sue Woodstra: Colton, California -- Volleyball player (1984 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Judge Reinhold in Wilmington: Delaware, USA; actor (Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Beverly Hills Cop).
- Alexander Vertinsky: Russian poet, singer, composer, cabaret artist and actor (Born 1889).
- French Government of Mollet resigns.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?