Tuesday 21 May 1957US date format: 5/21/1957, UK date format: 21/5/1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 21, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Judge Reinhold and Linda Bouchard.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
A Face in the Crowd, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Lion And The Throne by Catherine Drinker Bowen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 May 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1957 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Judge Reinhold
- Linda Bouchard
- Tony Hayward
- Renee Soutendijk: Dutch actress.
- Daniel Elias: American contemporary art dealer and...
- Reinhold : American comedy film actor best known...
- James Bailey: American basketball player.
- Yoshihiko Noda: Statesman.
- Johann Carlo: American actress.
- Nadine Dorries: British Conservative politician.
- Renée Soutendijk: Dutch actress.
- Bruce Buffer: American Mixed Martial Arts announcer.
- Sue Woodstra: Colton, California -- Volleyball player...
- Judge Reinhold in Wilmington: Delaware, USA; actor (Fast Times at...
- Alexander Vertinsky: Russian poet, singer, composer, cabaret...
- French Government of Mollet resigns.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?