Monday 21 April 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 21, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Iggy Pop and Judith McGrath.
Hi De Ho, directed by Josh Binney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Kraft Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 April 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1947 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Iggy Pop: American musician, a punk rocker.
- Judith McGrath
- Alan Warner: rocker (Foundations).
- Robert Black: Scottish kidnapper and child molester suspected of committing three unsolved murders.
- Andrew Tobias: Journalist.
- Barbara Park: Children's Author.
- John Weider: English bass player (Family The Animals Johnny Kidd & the Pirates and Stud).
- Jean-Pierre Defait: French journalist and editor of "Ciel et Espace" [Sky and Space], a French monthly magazine published by the French Astronomical Association.
- Iggy Pop [James Newell Osterberg] in Ypsilanti: Michigan, USA; rocker (Zombie Birdhouse).