Sunday 31 August 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Ciry and Jean Pronteau.
The High Cost of Living, directed by Deborah Chow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 August 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1919 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Michel Ciry: French artist, painter, etcher, and graphic designer.
- Jean Pronteau: French politician who died on 13 June 1984 in Paris.
- Amrita Preetam: Indian poet and author (d. 2005).
- John Reed forms American Communist Labor Party in Chicago
- Ukranian (Petlyura) Army recaptures Kiev
- The American Communist Party is established.