Sunday 31 August 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Ciry and Jean Pronteau.
Der Herr der Liebe, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Sky Pilot in No Man's Land by Ralph Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1919 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Michel Ciry: French artist, painter, etcher, and graphic designer.
- Jean Pronteau: French politician who died on 13 June 1984 in Paris.
- Amrita Preetam: Indian poet and author (d. 2005).
- John Reed forms American Communist Labor Party in Chicago
- Ukranian (Petlyura) Army recaptures Kiev
- The American Communist Party is established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dear Little Boy of Mine - Will Oakland
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?