Saturday 21 September 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rand Brooks and John McLaughlin.
Huns and Hyphens, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1918 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Rand Brooks: Los Angeles California; actor (Corporal Boone-Rin Tin Tin).
- Juan Arreola: Mexican writer and academic.
- John McLaughlin: American military, Major General.
- John Mc: Charleston Military man.
- John Gofman: American Manhattan Project scientist and advocate (d. 2007).
- Karl Slover: Slovak-American actor (d. 2011).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Gonna Pin My Medal on the Girl I Left Behind - Peerless Quartet
- There's a Lump of Sugar Down in Dixie - Marion Harris
- Missouri Waltz - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra