Sunday 21 October 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Bruel and William Grieve.
Seven Keys to Baldpate, directed by Hugh Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Red Planet by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1917 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Jean Bruel: French business executive, the founder and president from 1949 of the Compagnie des Bateaux Mouches, the most widely known operator of the open excursion boats that provide visitors to Paris with a view of the city from along the river Seine.
- William Grieve: Scottish Sheriff of Renfrew and Argyll 1964.
- Alain Guichard: St-Etienne Journalist.
- Dizzy Gillespie: acclaimed jazz trumpet player (Born 1917).
- 1st Americans to see action on front lines of WWI
- Petrograds garrison accepts Revolutionary Military Committee
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I May be gone for a Long, Long Time - Peerless Quartet
- Indiana - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- Shenandoah - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- I May be Gone for a Long, Long Time - Shannon Four
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?