Tuesday 22 December 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Casablancas and Jerry Koosman.
Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 22 December 1942
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 22 December 1942. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1942 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- John Casablancas: American-Brazilian modeling agent and scout, founded Elite Model Management, a modeling agency, in in 1972 in Paris, France.
- Jerry Koosman: American baseball player.
- Dick Parry: English saxophonist (Jokers Wild).
- Franz Boas: German-born American anthropologist of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the founder of the relativistic, culture-centred school of American anthropology that became dominant in the 20th century.
- World War II: Adolf Hitler signs the order to develop the V-2 rocket as a weapon.