Tuesday 22 December 1942US date format: 12/22/1942, UK date format: 22/12/1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 22, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Hu Jintao and John Casablancas.
Margin for Error, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 December 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1942 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Hu Jintao: Statesman.
- John Casablancas: American-Brazilian modeling agent and...
- Jerry Koosman: American baseball player.
- Dick Parry: English saxophonist (Jokers Wild).
- Franz Boas: German-born American anthropologist of...
- World War II: Adolf Hitler signs the order to develop the V-2 rocket as a weapon.