Friday 22 February 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 22, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Wadlow and Charles Finley.
The Unbeliever, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1918!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1918 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Robert Wadlow: American giant who weighed 12 lbs at birth and was the size of a three-year-old by the age of six months.
- Charles Finley: American former owner of the Oakland Athletics Baseball team who became an insurance agent.
- Charlie Finley: American sports entrepreneur (d. 1996).
- Sid Abel: Canadian-American ice hockey player coach and manager (d. 2000).
- Don Pardo: American radio and television announcer (d. 2014).
- Germany claims Baltic states, Finland and Ukraine from Russia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1918 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Oriental - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- No Place Like Home - Bert Williams
- Long Boy - Peerless Quartet
- There's a Long, Long Trail - Oscar Seagle & Columbia Stellar Quartet
- Some Sunday Morning - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra