Thursday 22 February 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 22, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Name and Judy Cornwell.
The House of the Seven Gables, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1940 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Billy Name: American photographer.
- Judy Cornwell: British-American actress often cast in seductive roles.
- Guy Hermier: French politician, who served as deputy of the French communist party (PCF) having been involved in its "refounding.
- Chet Walker: NBA all-star forward (Chicago Bulls).
- Johnson P: Mlambo; South African leader (Pan-African Congress).
- Johnson Mlambo: South African politician.
- Julian Chagrin: London, England -- Mime / actor (Golddiggers).
- German air force sinks two German destroyers, killing 578.
- Finnish troops vacate Koivisto island.
- In Tibet, province of Ando, 4-year-old Tenzin Gyatso is proclaimed the ''tulku'' (rebirth) of the thirteenth Dalai Lama.