Saturday 22 February 1930US date format: 2/22/1930, UK date format: 22/2/1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 22, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Juquin and Jean Bobet.
City Girl, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1930!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1930 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Pierre Juquin: French communist politician and trade unionist.
- Jean Bobet: French road bicycle racer, the younger brother of Louison Bobet.
- James McGarrell: American painter.
- Allison Hayes: Washington, United States -- Actress (Attack of the 50 Foot Woman).
- Bill Mitchell: Canadian-American ice hockey player and coach (d. 2014).
- Marni Nixon: American soprano and playback singer for featured actresses in movie musicals.
- JPS van Neerven: Dutch economist / editor (Limbourg Daily).
- Godfried CE van Daalen: Dutch General / Governor of Atjeh, dies at 66.