Wednesday 22 January 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ong Teng Cheong and Noel Kelly.
Rose-Marie, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1936 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Ong Teng Cheong: 5th President of Singapore (d. 2002).
- Noel Kelly: Australian professional rugby league footballer and coach, who played at club, state and national level.
- Juliette Mayniel: French actress who appeared in 35 films and television shows between 1958 and 1978.
- Ong Cheong: Singaporean architect and politician 5th President of Singapore (d. 2002).
- Alan Heeger: American physicist and chemist Nobel Prize laureate.
- Louis Glass: Composer, dies at 71.
- French Laval government falls.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 January 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?