Friday 24 January 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Goode and Marilou Awiakta.
Rose-Marie, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Sparkenbroke by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1936 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Daniel Goode: Composer.
- Marilou Awiakta: American Eastern Band Cherokee author, renowned for writing several books that blend stories, essays and poetry.
- Charles Belmont: French actor, director and writer.
- Bobby Wellins: Scottish jazz musician, tenor saxophone player and bandleader.
- William Bogert: American actor.
- Harry T Morey: American actor (Born 1873).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?