Friday 10 January 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Burnum Burnum and Robert Woodrow Wilson.
The Ghost Goes West, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while The Last Puritan by George Santayana was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1936 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Burnum Burnum: Australian activist, actor and author (d. 1997).
- Robert Woodrow Wilson: American physicist, radio astronomer, Nobel laureate.
- Jean Martin: French sex offender, child molester and pedophile who was convicted by the Court of Arlan for molesting four boys, ages 9, 10, 12 and 14.
- Stephen Ambrose: American historian and author (d. 2002).
- Walter Bodmer: German-English geneticist and academic.
- Al Goldstein: American publisher and pornographer (d. 2013)
- Robert Wilson: American physicist and astronomer Nobel Prize laureate
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?