Friday 17 January 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Fogel in Rochester and Jean Genermont.
The Ghost Goes West, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Sparkenbroke by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1936!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 17 January 1936 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Jerry Fogel in Rochester: New York, USA; actor (Jerry - Mothers-in-Law, White Shadow).
- Jean Genermont: Moulins physician.
- John Boyd: English academic and diplomat British ambassador to Japan.
- A Thangathurai: Sri Lankan lawyer and politician (d. 1997).
- Mateiu Caragiale: Romanian author (Born 1885).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?