Saturday 25 January 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diana Hyland in Cleveland Heights and Dan Schaefer American politician (Representative-Republican-Colorado.
Rose-Marie, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1936 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Diana Hyland in Cleveland Heights: Ohio, USA; actress (Peyton Place, Eight is Enough).
- Dan Schaefer American politician (Representative-Republican-Colorado: 1983-).
- Diana Hyland: Actress (Peyton Place, 8 is Enough), dies at 41.
- Onat Kutlar: Turkish screenplay/producer (Hazal), murdered at age 59.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?