Monday 22 July 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jessica Abbott and Takudzwa Ngwenya.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Everytime You Go Away by Paul Young.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
European Vacation, directed by Amy Heckerling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Fall From Grace by Larry Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beyond 2000.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Back to Skool or Infernal Runner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1985!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1985 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Prince - Raspberry Beret
- Night Ranger - Sentimental Street
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- The Power Station - Get It On (Bang A Gong)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?